Table of Contents
Keeping your washing machine clean is an important part of maintaining a healthy home. Unfortunately, most people neglect this important task, resulting in an accumulation of dirt and grime that can be difficult to remove.
Fortunately, there is an easy solution to cleaning your washing machine with vinegar!
In this blog post, we’ll discuss why you should use vinegar for your washing machine, how often you should do it, and the steps involved in doing so.
Let’s get started!
Why Use Vinegar?
Vinegar is a great all-purpose cleaner that can be used on many surfaces around the home. It’s especially effective for cleaning washing machines because it has natural antibacterial properties that help kill bacteria and germs.
Plus, vinegar is a natural deodorizer which makes it perfect for removing odors from your washing machine.
How Often Should You Clean Your Washing Machine with Vinegar?
Ideally, you should clean your washing machine with vinegar every month or two. This will help keep your washer fresh and free of grime and dirt buildup. If you notice any odors coming from your washer, it may be time to give it a good cleaning using vinegar.
Steps Involved in Cleaning Your Washing Machine with Vinegar
The process of cleaning your washing machine with vinegar is simple but does require some preparation time.
Here are the steps involved:
1) Turn off the power source to the washer: either unplug it or turn off the breaker switch in the main fuse box.
2) Fill up the detergent dispenser tray or drawer with one cup of white distilled vinegar.
3) Run a regular cycle in a hot water setting (using no laundry).
4) When the cycle has finished, leave the door open to allow air circulation and let the washer dry out completely before closing the lid again.
5) Wipe down any areas where there might be buildups such as around knobs or buttons using a damp microfiber cloth and some additional white distilled vinegar if needed.
6) Reactivate the power source to the washer once everything is dry again, and you’re done!
Using Vinegar to Clean Your Washing Machine is a Smart Option
Cleaning your washing machine regularly may seem like a daunting task but it doesn’t have to be! Using white distilled vinegar is an easy and effective way to keep your washer clean while also deodorizing it at the same time!
We hope this blog post has been helpful in teaching you how to effectively clean your washing machine with vinegar happy cleaning!